RUTH – IRB Submission System
MSHS Institutional Review Board (IRB) submission.
Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Single Sign On Access
- Use your Mount Sinai email and Network ID password. Starting October 29, 2020, RUTH users who do not have their Mount Sinai email address in Sinai Central will not be able to access the system. Sinai-approved email addresses include the following domain suffixes: nyee.edu, exchange.mssm.edu, msynuhealth.org, chpnet.org, mountsinai.org, mssm.edu, icahn.mssm.edu, and nychhc.org. Click here for instructions on how to update your contact information in Sinai Central.
- Off-campus Access – RUTH is cloud-based so VPN /Tunnel is not required to gain access.
- Upload CVs
- All members of the study team must upload their CV in RUTH under My Profile. For detailed guidance, refer to q guide ruth.
- Assigning Proxies
- Only the PI can assign a proxy to a project. The proxy will have the authority to make changes and submit all projects (initial, continuing reviews, modifications) on behalf of the PI once assigned. As a reminder to all Principal Investigators, a signature by your proxy is considered to be the same as your personal signature. Oversight of the project including submission to the PPHS is the responsibility of the PI.
- For detailed guidance, refer to q guide ruth.
- Assigning a Primary Contact – For detailed guidance, refer to q guide ruth.
- CITI Training Profiles
- To ensure CITI training is transferred to RUTH, your CITI profile must include your Mount Sinai Life# and list a MSHS email as the primary email address
- CITI Program > Log on > Profile > Update Institutional Profile > Employee ID #> Enter Your Mount Sinai Life # > Enter Your MSHS email as the Primary email
Virtual Drop-in Sessions
Thursdays from 10:00 – 11:00 am
IRB Support – RUTH via Add Comment or contact the PPHS Office.
RUTH Training Sessions
Library in RUTH
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Investigator Manual
Help Center in RUTH
- RUTH user guides
- RUTH training videos
Research Administration IT
Research Listserv – Sign up to Research Listserv, the research administration email messaging system to receive the latest news and information including RUTH updates, funding opportunities, policy updates, and more.