All Investigators must complete the following forms:
- Financial Conflict of Interest in Research (FCOIR) Form
- Suspension and Debarment Form (if applicable)
IRB and GCO disclosure requirements differ. When completing, please meet both sets of requirements. Refer to Instructions for Completing the Financial Interests in Research Disclosure Form ("FCOIR Form").
The GCO WILL NOT begin to review your application until these forms are completed.
Applications must be complete and final in its entirety prior to submission.
GCO Submission Process
- Principal Investigator (PI) and the study team should review the GCO Application Submission Checklist.
- Principal Investigator (PI) is required to complete the Finalize tab in InfoEd to approve and submit the application. Delegates cannot sign off on InfoEd submissions. For detailed guidance refer to the following documents:
- The PI is responsible for submitting the application to the funding agency unless the technical or funding agency requirements are such that GCO must submit the application. Refer to the GCO submission, review and approval process details for more information.
InfoEd Routing and Approval Process
- PI Approves InfoEd Application
- Routed to Dept(s)
- Dept(s) Approve
- Submitted to GCO for Review
- GCO Coordinator does initial intake reviewing the Sinai Central IF and the InfoEd application, checking to make sure appropriate compliance (i.e., PPHS and IACUC) applications were filed to respective offices as appropriate, and assigning a GCO #.
- GCO Coordinator will either issue a receipt or communicate what information or documentation is missing in this initial review stage.
- GCO records record.
- GCO Grant Specialist conducts review after GCO receipt is issued and determines if step 5 is required.
- Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) conducts final review and submits to external agencies for S2S applications.
- InfoEd status is changed to Review Complete.
Department Approval Tracking
To ensure department signatories sign applications in a timely manner, check the approval routing queue in InfoEd.
- Hover on the yellow folder icon under the Project Title.
- Select view PD.
- Select the Finalize Tab to view the routing history.
This is especially important for submissions with key personnel from two or more departments.
To find a list of department signatories, refer to the InfoEd Routing List.
Extramural Submission Process
- System to System (S2S) applications - The GCO Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) will submit these applications to the extramural funding agency following review.
- Non-System to System (non-S2S) applications - Following review, the PI is responsible for submitting the application to the funding agency unless the technical or funding agency requirements are such that GCO must submit the application.
Research 411 Portal
Still Need Help?