FACTS – For-Profit Clinical Research Agreements
Only required for clinical research that is funded or supported by for-profit entities.
The Financial Administration of Clinical Trials Services (FACTS) office reviews, negotiates and executes most clinical research agreements funded or supported by For-Profit (Industry) Entities.
The type of agreements FACTS manages includes:
- Confidentiality Disclosure Agreements (CDA)
- Clinical Trial Agreements (CTA)
- Registry Agreements
- Research Service Agreements
- Consortium Agreements (if funding source is a for-profit entity)
- Subawards and Site Agreements Incoming (when another institution holds the prime award, ISMMS is a site and the study is funded by a for-profit entity)
- Subawards and Site Agreements Outgoing (when ISMMS holds the prime award and the study is funded by for-profit entity)
- Amendments to existing for-profit agreements
- Compassionate Use Agreements
Click here to learn more about each type of agreement.
All requests for review must be submitted to FACTS through MediTract (FACTS).
When you submit your contract through MediTract, you will be asked to indicate who will be negotiating the budget. If the study team chooses to negotiate the budget, the FACTS office will reach out to the study team to obtain the final negotiated budget.
Contract negotiation should occur concurrently with budget negotiations and IRB review.
Fees will be charged for the review of all industry funded clinical trial agreements including amendments. For more information, refer to FACTS Fees.
Contact your FACTS Departmental Assigned Contract Specialist or call (646) 605-7251
Research 411 Portal
Still Need Help?
Research Roadmap Feedback
Please provide feedback about your experience on this website.