Center for Biostatistics
The Center for Biostatistics provides long-term and short-term consultative support in:
- Study design
- Sample size calculations
- Data analysis
- Interpretation and dissemination of study results
- Data management
- Education and training
Special Areas of Expertise:
- Design of early phase and adaptive trials
- Machine learning and analysis of high throughput data
- Pragmatic and registry-based studies
- Analysis of large/administrative datasets
- Environmental statistics
The Center for Biostatistics has established Biostatistics CoREs to support the statistical needs of the following departments and institutes:
- Emergency Medicine
- Palliative Medicine
- Environmental Medicine and Public Health
- The Cardiovascular Institute
- Institute of Adolescent Health
- Institute of Transformative Clinical Trials
- The Tisch Cancer Institute
- Institute for Personalized Medicine
- Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Institute
- The Institute of Translational Epidemiology
To request biostatistics CoREs support contact:
BERD Consultation Services
BERD Consultation Services support the departments and institutes that are not covered by the Biostatistics Cores.
Request consultation services by submitting the online BERD Service Request Form.
Cost – $125 per hour
STAT-CHAT Walk-in Consultations
Free walk-in consultation service meant to resolve easy problems and answer quick questions about such topics as data analysis, study design, and database. All faculty, fellows, residents, staff, or medical students are welcome to use this service for quick statistics-related questions. Two statisticians are available for an hour on a first-come, first-served basis. Each consultation should be about 15 minutes.
Every Monday, 2:00 – 3:00 PM
STAT-CHAT Virtual Consultation Service
Cancer Biostatistics Walk-In Clinics
A biostatistician provided by The Tisch Cancer Institute-Biostatistics Shared Resource Facility will be available for quick statistical consultation on a first come, first served basis. The purpose of this clinic is to answer general statistical questions and to provide guidance for current and future cancer research projects.
1st and 3rd Wednesday of Every Month, 1:00 – 2:00 PM
1470 Madison Avenue
Cancer Biostatistics Walk-In Clinic Event Calendar
Visit the Center for Biostatistics website to learn more about their Educational Programs.
For more information contact:
Center for Comparative Medicine and Surgery (CCMS)
The Center for Comparative Medicine and Surgery (CCMS) is a centralized, shared resource supporting animal research via veterinary, husbandry care, and research collaboration with the faculty at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Jonathan Cohen, DVM, MS, DACLAM
- Clinical Services – Small Animal Vet Services
- Facility Use
- Enrichment Programs
- Surgical Services
- Comparative Pathology Laboratory
- Husbandry Services
Policies & Manuals
CCMS Policies and Procedures
Center for Digital Health
The Center for Digital Health provides expertise in health technology product development and research design.
- Technology platforms developed for automation and digitalization of clinical processes
- Clinical research mobile app and website development
- Research study design and implementation
- Collaboration for the publication of research findings
- IRB and regulatory expertise
Center for Interventional Cardiovascular Research and Clinical Trials
Digital Media Center
The Digital Media Center provides creative solutions and services that can support your multimedia needs.
- Poster Printing
- Fine Art Printing
- Website Design
- Digital Media Services
- Poster design
- Photo-quality color printing
- Black/white, and color photocopies
- Flyer and brochure design and printing
- Scanning, including film and transparencies
- Equipment rental, including Polycom and web camera/microphone
Mount Sinai Center for Bioinformatics
The Mount Sinai Center for Bioinformatics develops analytical methods to study diverse and complex data collected from transcriptomics, epigenomics, proteomics and metabolomics research studies. These effort include systematic data integration of large omics resources, data visualization, and network and pathway analyses. In addition, the Center has capabilities to mine data from the Mount Sinai Electronic Health Records system to develop machine learning classifiers and regressors. The Center provides bioinformatics support to clinical and basic researchers.
- Research collaborations
- Data analysis
- Web-based software tools
- In-class and online courses and other training opportunities
Web-based Software Tools
The Mount Sinai Center for Bioinformatics developed useful web-based software tools to discover new knowledge from omics datasets, and predict small molecules as novel leads starting from gene expression data. These tools have been centrally utilized in a variety of collaborative projects involving different data types.
- Enrichr – Gene-List Enrichment Analysis
- Harmonizome – Biological Knowledge Search Engine
- ARCHS4 – Massive Mining of Publicly Available RNA-seq Data from Human and Mouse
- BioJupies – Automated Generation of Interactive Notebooks for RNA-seq Data Analysis in the Cloud
- L1000FWD – Large-scale Visualization of Drug-induced Transcriptomic Signatures
- L1000CDS2 – L1000 Characteristic Direction Signature Search Engine
The Sinai AppLab within the Center for Digital Medicine has extensive experience creating, implementing and evaluating technology platforms to address the need of patients, health care providers, and researchers within the Mount Sinai Health System and beyond. Since 2012, Sinai AppLab has supported over 100 researchers and over 25 grant applications and funded research endeavors.
- Consulting services
- Research or grant writing assistance
- Design thinking and focus group sessions
- Development of Apps and other digital modules (chatbot, econsent. secure messaging, shared decision making modules, augmented realty applications, etc.)
- Data science resource
- Multi site Registries, QI initiatives and virtual clinical trial services
To learn more, schedule a free AppChat consult sponsored through Conduits by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Centers, click here.