Principal Investigator (PI) Approval is Required
The InfoEd application must be submitted immediately after the IRB submission.
Prior to submission the PI and the study team should review the application checklist. Once the application is ready for submission, the Principal Investigator is required to complete the “Finalize” tab in InfoEd to approve and submit the application. For detailed instructions, refer to Finalizing and Submitting Your Application (Non S2S).
Technical Issues – Research IT Support Request
General Questions – Contact your departmental assigned GCO specialist.
Routing and Approval Process
- PI Approves InfoEd Application
- Routed to Dept(s)
- Dept(s) Approve
- Submitted to GCO for Review
- GCO Coordinator does initial intake reviewing the Sinai Central IF and the InfoEd application, checking to make sure appropriate compliance (i.e., PPHS and IACUC) applications were filed to respective offices as appropriate, and assigning a GCO #.
- GCO Coordinator will either issue a receipt or communicate what information or documentation is missing in this initial review stage.
- GCO records record.
- GCO Grant Specialist conducts review after GCO receipt is issued and determines if step 5 is required.
- Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) conducts final review and submits to external agencies for S2S applications.
- InfoEd status is changed to Review Complete.
To ensure department signatories sign applications in a timely manner, check the approval routing queue in InfoEd. This can be done by hovering on the yellow folder icon under the project title, select view PD, and select the finalize tab to view the routing history. This is especially important for submissions with key personnel from two or more departments.
To find a list of department signatories, refer to the InfoEd Routing List
Research 411 Portal
Still Need Help?