- Posts not found
Junior faculty – Hirschl Scholar Award
The Irma T. Hirschl/Monique Weill-Caulier Trusts have invited Mount Sinai School of Medicine to submit two applications for their Scholar Awards, which provide $35,000/year for five years to biomedical scientists committed to careers in academic research. Investigators involved in either basic or patient-oriented medical research will be considered. Funds may be used fully or partially toward salary support of the applicant or for research support (except for major equipment).
Eligibility: Applicant should have:
- full-time, pre-tenure, tenure-track appointment in the School of Medicine
- several years of research experience as an independent investigator (e.g. independent funding and independent publications without their mentor/Chair/Division Chief)
- demonstrated research productivity
- either MD or PhD degree
Priority will be given to Assistant Professors.
Only one submission will be accepted from each Department (or Division in the Department of Medicine).
Application guidelines are available from Development Office, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Katherine.VanNess@mountsinai.org.
Application must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF consisting of:
- Research Proposal (5 pages)
- Title for research proposal
- background, goals, procedures, and significance of the proposed research and references cited.
- Statement of research facilities – laboratory space, major equipment items, animal care facilities, patient care facilities, other supporting units, e.g. collaborating laboratories or institutions, institutional shared core facilities
- NIH biosketch, including list of sources and amounts of all research and fellowship support
- Chronological list of publications
- Lay language summary of the research (not to exceed one double-spaced page) suitable for press release
- Sponsoring letter from the Department Chair (or Division Chief) – this letter should include the importance of the candidate’s research and the institutional commitment to that research
Irma T. Hirschl/Monique Weill-Caulier Scholar Award submission Deadline: November 27, 2019